Buster Posey all set to move on from baseball, claims farewell

Thảo luận trong 'Tủ lạnh nhiều ngăn' bắt đầu bởi nguyenquynhanh20149, 8/11/21.

1. nguyenquynhanh20149

nguyenquynhanh20149 New Member

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)-- At First, as a young player more than a decade ago, Buster Posey had a difficult time understanding how the San Francisco Giants make every effort to humanize their players, to connect them with a follower base that wants nothing greater than to learn more about the star athletes it supports.
    ladies love baseball print sweatshirt
    He absolutely gets it now. He appreciates his location in leaving long lasting memories for family members to cherish as well as give, and what he suggests to connecting a community-- and also all those Bay Area dogs out there named Buster and Posey.

" It's probably something early in my career that I thought was a wild-goose chase," Posey shared. "And I really did not comprehend it. However as the years have passed I have actually recognized just how impactful that can be. If it influences one person in a positive way it deserves your time."

The popular catcher provided a genuine goodbye to baseball on Thursday adhering to a decorated 12-year occupation with the Giants throughout which he won 3 World Series championships as well as assisted a long list of star pitchers, yet also an equally outstanding career off the area such as his steadfast dedication to pediatric cancer as well as helping others.

" I'm sure there are children out there today who have actually watched me play my whole profession. They in fact may be grownups currently," Posey stated. "There's moms and dads as well as there's grandparents, aunts and also uncles, nieces and nephews, relatives that can still bear in mind specifically where they were when Edgar Renteria hit the game-winning homer in Texas that led the 2010 San Francisco Giants to their initial World Collection title."

Part of the factor he is leaving at 34 after one of his ideal periods yet is to spend more time with his four youngsters. And also no doubt he will be busy. Posey pulled out of the coronavirus-shortened 2020 period after he as well as better half Kristen embraced too soon born infant women to join older doubles Addison as well as Lee.

" I wish to be able to do more things from February to November with my household," he stated.

The pull in this way has actually been there a while now for the seven-time All-Star.

" I think the year off most likely did play into the choice a little bit," Posey said. "I really did not come close to the period and say this is definitely it. ... I can truthfully say no, playing the way I did really did not sway me, and also I think that's part of the reason that I do really feel at peace with my decision."

The Giants had actually been prepared to exercise Posey's $22 million club option for 2022 if he intended to play, yet he had an idea before this record-setting, 107-win Giants season started this could be it.

" I type of went into this last season sensation like it may be my last," Posey claimed. "Just gave myself some room in my mind to be OK with determining otherwise if I wished to maintain playing and also I really just never ever fluctuated."

Also after he batted.304 with 18 homers and also 56 RBIs, resistant down the stretch as his body was feeling it though he revealed his operatively fixed appropriate hip had finally healed three years after surgery.

Posey said he conveniently might have called it a career 5 years back as well as attributed the training staff for maintaining him on the field.

The 2010 NL Newbie of the Year, Posey returned from a damaging, season-ending leg injury in 2011 to win NL MVP the list below year.

He tore three ligaments in his left ankle as well as broke a bone in his reduced leg when he was run over by the Marlins' Scott Cousins on Might 25, 2011. Posey reacted by winning the 2012 batting crown as well as MVP honors while leading the Giants to a second World Collection champion in a three-year period. In all, he won World Collection titles in 2010, '12 as well as '14.

Big league Baseball embraced a rule restricting home base collisions ahead of the 2014 season after Posey's injury created a review.

" Buster, there's no far better than him for me. I've been privileged to have some excellent ones on both sides, as far as his gifts and also abilities and also the person that he is, he's right up there at the top," previous Giants supervisor Bruce Bochy stated.

Posey shared particular minutes from each World Collection win as well as indicated Matt Cain's excellent video game, too.

" To me this is what envelops baseball. It's a whole lot greater than just winning or shedding games," he said. "It has to do with the moment invested with household, the plenty of nights and days pulling for your team, riding the emotions of the highs, riding the emotions of the lows, and inevitably appreciating the people that you're with along the way and also making terrific memories. I'm so very humbled to have figured in in several of those memories. To the followers, thank you for all your assistance I've received the last 13 seasons."

Former San Francisco left-hander Barry Zito uploaded a thoughtful homage to Posey on Twitter.

" You were 60 feet from me in my greatest and also worst minutes in baseball. Your practical technique to the game inspired me and also every other gamer that set foot in those Giants storage locker areas via the years," stated Zito in a portion of his prolonged blog post. "I wager you had no suggestion."

Currently, the Giants must contemplate life without Posey behind home plate.

" Is this like a certain, for sure thing?" president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi quipped, "I simply had to ask."

Chia sẻ trang này