Buster Posey ready to move on from baseball, claims farewell

Thảo luận trong 'Bàn ghế giường tủ' bắt đầu bởi nguyenquynhanh20149, 6/11/21.

1. nguyenquynhanh20149

nguyenquynhanh20149 New Member

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)-- Initially, as a young gamer greater than a decade ago, Buster Posey had a tough time recognizing exactly how the San Francisco Giants make every effort to humanize their gamers, to connect them with a follower base that desires absolutely nothing more than to learn more about the star professional athletes it supports.
    https://www.baseball-humour.com/buster-posey-ready-to-move-on-from-baseball-says-farewell-3/
    He definitely gets it currently. He appreciates his location in leaving enduring memories for family members to treasure and also pass down, and what he means to connecting a community-- and even all those Bay Area dogs out there named Buster and also Posey.

" It's probably something early in my job that I thought was a wild-goose chase," Posey shared. "And also I didn't comprehend it. However as the years have passed I've recognized just exactly how impactful that can be. If it affects one person in a favorable way it's worth your time."

The popular catcher offered a heartfelt farewell to baseball on Thursday complying with an embellished 12-year occupation with the Giants throughout which he won 3 World Collection champions as well as assisted a lengthy listing of celebrity bottles, but additionally an equally excellent career off the field such as his vigorous dedication to pediatric cancer and also assisting others.

" I make sure there are kids available today that have actually watched me play my entire job. They in fact might be grownups now," Posey said. "There's moms and dads as well as there's grandparents, aunties and uncles, nieces as well as nephews, cousins that can still keep in mind exactly where they were when Edgar Renteria struck the game-winning homer in Texas that led the 2010 San Francisco Giants to their first Globe Series title."

Part of the reason he is walking away at 34 after among his ideal periods yet is to invest more time with his 4 children. And no doubt he will be busy. Posey pulled out of the coronavirus-shortened 2020 period after he as well as other half Kristen took on too soon born child ladies to join older doubles Addison as well as Lee.

" I wish to be able to do even more stuff from February to November with my family," he claimed.

The pull in this way has actually been there a while currently for the seven-time All-Star.

" I believe the year off probably did play into the choice a little bit," Posey stated. "I didn't approach the period as well as say this is definitely it. ... I can honestly say no, playing the means I did really did not guide me, as well as I assume that belongs to the reason that I do really feel peaceful with my decision."

The Giants had been prepared to exercise Posey's $22 million club option for 2022 if he intended to play, however he had an idea before this record-setting, 107-win Giants season began this could be it.

" I type of entered into this last period feeling like it could be my last," Posey said. "Simply provided myself some area in my mind to be alright with making a decision otherwise if I wished to keep having fun as well as I truly just never ever fluctuated."

Also after he batted.304 with 18 homers and 56 RBIs, durable down the stretch as his body was feeling it though he revealed his surgically repaired appropriate hip had actually finally recovered three years after surgical procedure.

Posey claimed he conveniently can have called it a profession five years back as well as attributed the training team for keeping him on the field.

The 2010 NL Rookie of the Year, Posey came back from a terrible, season-ending leg injury in 2011 to win NL MVP the list below year.

He tore 3 tendons in his left ankle joint and damaged a bone in his reduced leg when he was run over by the Marlins' Scott Cousins on May 25, 2011. Posey reacted by winning the 2012 batting crown and MVP honors while leading the Giants to a second World Collection champion in a three-year span. In all, he won World Series titles in 2010, '12 and also '14.

Big league Baseball took on a rule restricting home base collisions ahead of the 2014 season after Posey's injury created a review.

" Buster, there's no better than him for me. I have actually been fortunate to have some wonderful ones on both sides, as far as his presents and skills and the individual that he is, he's right up there on top," former Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.

Posey shared particular minutes from each Globe Collection win and indicated Matt Cain's excellent game, as well.

" To me this is what encapsulates baseball. It's a great deal more than just winning or losing video games," he said. "It's about the time spent with family, the many nights and days pulling for your group, riding the emotions of the highs, riding the emotions of the lows, as well as eventually delighting in the people that you're with along the way as well as making fantastic memories. I'm so really humbled to have actually figured in in several of those memories. To the followers, thank you for all your assistance I've received the last 13 periods."

Former San Francisco left-hander Barry Zito posted a thoughtful homage to Posey on Twitter.

" You were 60 feet from me in my best and worst moments in baseball. Your rational strategy to the video game influenced me and every other player that set foot in those Giants storage locker spaces with the years," claimed Zito in a part of his lengthy article. "I wager you had no concept."

Currently, the Giants must consider life without Posey behind home plate.

" Is this like a certain, for sure thing?" president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi quipped, "I just needed to ask."

Chia sẻ trang này