Wilshere to leave Arsenal, German keeper Leno joins

Thảo luận trong 'Game' bắt đầu bởi jamiebaloney, 21/6/18.

1. jamiebaloney

jamiebaloney Member

[​IMG]

LONDON, June 20 ― Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere said yesterday that he was leaving the Premier League club after 17 years, while the north London side earlier announced that Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno was moving to north London.

Wilshere, who was left out of the England World Cup squad, said on his Instagram m88.com account that he would leave Arsenal when his contract expired at the end of June after discussions with manager Unai Emery, who replaced Arsene Wenger last month. “Following a number of extensive conversations with those at the club, and in particular a recent meeting with the new manager, Unai Emery, I felt that I was ultimately left with little choice but to make the decision that I have due to purely footballing reasons,” Wilshere, 26, said.

“My intention throughout these discussions has always been to remain an Arsenal player. I have been on the books at Arsenal for 17 years and have always felt part of the m88 help fabric of the club. Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club. “However, following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that, although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay.”

Wilshere made his senior debut for the club in 2008, going on to make 197 appearances and winning the FA Cup twice ― in 2014 and 2015. However, a mixture of injuries m88 sports and loss of form saw him struggling to secure a regular first team spot and he spent the 2016-17 season on loan at Bournemouth. “I am sure everyone can understand that at this point in my life and career I need to be playing regular first team football and following my meeting with Mr Emery I came away feeling that it would be very difficult for me to do so at Arsenal,” he added.

“Given this, I feel I have no option but to pursue other opportunities in order to progress my career on the pitch.” Leno, a 26-year old German international, will be new coach Emery's second acquisition, subject to regulatory formalities, after Switzerland defender Stephan Lichtsteiner joined on a free transfer from Juventus this month. “We are very pleased that Bernd Leno will be joining us,” Emery said on the club website. “Bernd is a goalkeeper of high quality and experience.

Chia sẻ trang này